Friday, August 21, 2009

Vitra Miniatures

After yesterday's post, I had to find out more about the miniature Eames rocker.

In the current economic climate, this post might make me seem, well, off my rocker (couldn't resist), but I ask you, "How young is too young to be exposed to good design?"




It is brought to you via the Vitra Design Museum and their miniatures are "exemplary teaching objects with regard to quality and craftsmanship" and as such, they have become coveted collector's items.

They boast collector price tags for sure, but it is so beautiful I just might find myself saving my pennies for one of these $180 wonders. Until then, I will happily lose myself in the collection.

image via Accurato

1 comment:

cindy said...

yay, i'll definitely be visiting you here from now on!