Friday, October 24, 2008

Party Planning: Treasure Strings Game

Let's wrap up the week with another tip from the wonderful Birthday Cake book: a variation on a treasure hunt for younger children.

Treasure Strings involves a different color ball of yarn for each little one at your party. Write each child's name on a tag and tie it to one end of the ball of yarn. Now comes the fun part: winding the yarn all through your chosen area (house, yard) being careful to go over and under things and crossing the yarns. Cut the yarn and tie a small treasure to the end of it, then hide the gift under something. During the game, the children follow the trail of their assigned color and are rewarded with the little treasure. Maybe the first person to find their treasure also wins a prize!

How much fun is this? We think this would be great for the preschool & kindergarten set. It would even be a great activity for a playdate on a rainy day.

4 comments:

Ivanna at http://www.snapparties.com said...

What a great idea! Reminds me of a big spider web!

Wee Festivity... said...

Thanks for visiting Ivanna! I am knee-deep in your site now and loving it. A woman after my own heart!

Ivanna at http://www.snapparties.com said...

Hee Hee! I just opened my business but can't wait until I have more sales just so then I could justify to my husband why I should add more themes. I have so many ideas and they are so much fun to put together.

epow said...

Thanks for subscribing to my newbie postings. I'm already subscribing to yours. Btw, this is a great game. I've actually used it as an illustrative exercise for camp counselor training. Even the big kids thought it was fun.