Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Inspiring Ideas: Charley Harper Matching Game


Today I saw this Charley Harper Matching Game at the SF Moma Store. There are many other wonderful Charley Harper items for children including ABC and 123 board books that would make wonderful gifts or favors. It got me thinking that it would be mighty fun and certainly hip to have a Charley Harper-themed party for kids.

The tricky part would be the invitations because the Charley Harper Art Studio doesn't appear to make licensed invitations. They do offer blank notecards in sets of four or individually for only $2 each and I think it would be easy to deconstruct them into an invite.


I particularly like his Lucky Ladybug for this purpose. I would use a paper trimmer and make the card into a postcard and either rubber stamp invitation information on the back or adhere it to a larger piece of cardstock and print the invitation information around the image somehow.

In any case, although I am new to Charley Harper and his gorgeous art in this past year (thanks to Ward), I am fast becoming a huge fan. His style and whimsy are a perfect fit for a Wee Festivity party.

2 comments:

cindy said...

i just came on over from the blogging class... this site i Adorable, capital A! keep it up, what a great idea, even for people who dont have kids, i think it's still a great place for inspiration. cant wait to visit next time :)

epow said...

A Charley Harper fan myself, these were also sold at Old Navy during the last Christmas season. Not sure if they're still there, but I want a set for myself!